Monday, June 7, 2010

I don't get it...


OK! Ummmmm...I live in New York. There are all kinds of people here. Normal people, freaky people, crazy people, smart people. All different kinds of people. I'm pretty liberal. In fact, I want to get a tattoo, and I watch LA Ink with Kat Von D and think she is so talented, I love her artwork, and I think she is beautiful!



But there are certain things I don't get. Certain things that gross me out, and one of these things is this body modification piercing stuff. Not only is it disgusting to look at, and the people who do it obviously have to have some psychological issue to want to maim themselves, but it is also a breeding ground for infection and has lifelong consequences. We all do stupid stuff when we're young, but this stuff takes the cake. Take purple nose ring guy above here - I'm sure it is easier for him to breathe, but he must continuously have snot pouring right out of his nose all the time because there is nothing to stop it from coming out. No chance hiding any boogers here!

And these ear plugs! All I can think of is - what happens when you're 80 years old and your ear loops are hanging down to your knees? You're definitely going to have to have surgery to cut those things off and sew them back together. It is just nasty. You may think it is cool and hip now, but I guarantee you that later in life you are going to be kicking yourself!

Another thing is this "music" - I know these guys are going for the "Demonic/Satanic Animal Growl" here, but to me it just sounds like one very long belch - or someone vomiting, which is what I feel like doing when I actually watch these things.

In fact, this is not one of the grossest videos on YouTube to choose from. There are countless others for your painful, hideous viewing pleasure. All I can say is...I just don't get it.

1 comment:

  1. Plenty of hipsters around here with those Ubangi things. If I see one more I'm gonna puke into their ear holes-! And my mom thought multiple (ear) piercings was bad...

    ReplyDelete